Friday, August 11, 2006

Good Eats

I don't know what it is about a good sandwich that makes my day. All I know is my wife whips up one that makes my tummy happy. It's a combination of roast beef and ham with a mystery blend of cheeses topped with a diced cluster of pickles - mmmmm, it's so yummy.

If I could find a way to shrink myself down to the size of ant, I'd climb around between the hollowed out pieces of Italian bread nibbling my way through the mouth watering spread of Philly cream and shredded cheddar. I'd take shelter for the night under the folded layers of ham. My eyes would close in bliss praising the lord for the glorious gift. I'd vacation in the roast beef, inviting friends to summer there. We'd camp in the dill forest under the fluffy blanket of flour and yeast. We'd dangle our feet in the dill juice rivers after sliding our way down the mountainous mounds of luncheon meats. Life would be good!

Slobber, slobber, drool! :-)


Sandwich For A Crowd

INGREDIENTS


2 loaves (1 pound each) unsliced Italian bread

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

3/4 cup sliced green onions

1/4 cup mayonnaise

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham

1 pound thinly sliced roast beef

12 to 14 thin slices dill pickle


DIRECTIONS



Cut the bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out top and bottom of loaves, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
In a large bowl, combine cheeses, onions, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce; spread over cut sides of bread. Layer ham and roast beef on bottom and top halves; place pickles on bottom halves. Gently press halves together.
Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1-1/2-in. slices. Yield: 12-14 servings.

Don't let the serving yield stop you! It's just as great days after! Slobber, slobber!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home