Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Mile Stones!

It's been one hell of a week! For the past few I've been watching my odometer creeping toward the quarter of a million miles mark. May be its the boredom of driving all the time or just the smell of gasoline but it got me pretty excited to watch it turn. Yesterday it rolled on to two hundred fifty thousand miles just before I pulled in to my parking space. Had I not been feeling so crappy I would have snapped the shot then. In a celebratory fashion I give the old girl one new tire as I was sick of the wobbling baldy that had me fighting the wheel the entire drive to and from work. It's amazing how much better a car will ride simply by changing the tires - who would have thunk it!
It won't be long before the old girl is knocking at the one million miles mark - I hope! She's got me a little worried though. I've been noticing this growling sound coming from the front of the engine - think it may be the timing belt tensioner but I'm not sure. Hell it could be just about any thing at this point I haven't change the oil in the past thirty thousand miles and I've never changed the air filter at all.
On another accomplishment, I have finally come close to completing my muppet like character. I found a couple of old wigs in the attic and slapped on the mullet.

I still have to finish his eye brows and ears but he has come a long way. The eyes took a lot of work to make them fit his face and they still need some work but for a mock up muppet he turned out better than imagined. In this picture I look more like the puppet - what's the deal with the bent nose! Anyway, I've got to dye him and get hands and stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home